Do you know that JIRA is used by more than 70% of the Fortune 100 companies? And the most popular issue tracker is improving itself with more useful features in the latest release of JIRA 5.
The focus of this issue is to improve how people communicate with JIRA and to make life easier by providing better integration with other systems.
The key features introduced in JIRA 5 are:
- Sharing & Mentions – Mention another user with the ‘@’ symbol to trigger an email notification together with your comments
- Search Change History – You can now build new searches to find issues with a change status, assignee and even specify when it happened or by whom
- Remote issue links – You can link your JIRA issues to issues from another JIRA site, Confluence page or even any web page URL
- JIRA to JIRA issue copy – A new (beta) plugin you can use to copy issues from a JIRA site to another JIRA site
- Improved Activity streams – Activity stream can now show external activity from another Atlassian application (e.g. Confluence)
- New Email Handler Wizard – A new wizard to configure email handlers for creating issues or comments from email messages
- and many more
Check out the video summary of the new features in the video below
Likewise, you can also check out the official release notes
To commemorate this launch, we also prepared a video edition of screenshots of JIRA sites on the Internet.