The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) has come effect from 2nd July 2014
The PDPA establishes a data protection law that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
We recently completed an enhancement for Data Request Tracking with JIRA.
This enhancement tracks all requests and facilitate the approvals that is pertaining to personal data.
Some of the steps required are:
- create a new issue type “Data Request”
- create a new project for Data Request
- add those fields that you need to track
- associate the fields to the screens
- copy the default workflow and change it with the Workflow Designer
- associate the schemes to the project
- If you need reports, you can create a dashboard and add some of the built-in gadgets
By using a centralised application instead of emails to track all the requests, it provides visibility in the handling of all requests and fulfils the audit requirements.
We thought it was useful and adapted it for ourselves. Hence, if you have previously submitted your personal data to us, you know your data is safe.
If you are using JIRA, you can start tracking your Data Requests today!